Sunday, August 25, 2013

Soft Highlight and Contour

Oh man yall, I am sorry about the absence! I've been a bit bust, and honestly, it's not slowing down any time soon. However, I will try my hardest to post more than I have been! My beautiful friend, Carol Ann, asked me for a highlight and contour tutorial a while ago, so here it is! 

The products I used:






Benefit's Hoola Bronzer- The color looks light in the box, but it shows up fairly dark. It is matte with no shimmer, which is a must when doing a contour.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade- This is a beautiful color that has a subtle highlight.
MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle- I love this blush. It is a beautiful pink, but highlighting and contouring will work with whatever blush color you normally use.
Sigma F10 Powder/Blush brush- Obviously I love Sigma and all their brushes because I show them in almost every post.
Sephora PRO Contour brush number 74- I really like this brush for contour and highlighting. It makes it very easy to make a structured contour.


I have my foundation and concealer on already when I am going to do contouring and highlighting. When doing under eye concealer, I use a color lighter than my face to help with the highlight effect that I will add later. I will do a concealer tutorial later!

My next step is contouring. I dab my contour number 74 brush in the Hoola bronzer, but I make sure to only get a small amount of product. It is deceivingly light in the box, and comes out much darker on my face. You can use the end of your brush to make an invisible line from the middle of your ear to the corner of your mouth. That is the line you will follow. I make the contour go from the middle of my ear to the outside corner of my eye. If you want a sharp contour, make the line with your brush and don't buff it out. Then, go around your forehead and jawline lightly with bronzer. I squeeze my brush flat or I use a thin brush to go along the outside the bridge of your nose on either side.







I take my Sigma blush brush and put blush onto my cheek bones and back towards my hairline. I use my brush to blend in my bronzer into my blush some. I don't do this too much because I don't want to lose too much of my sculpting I just did.




 














For my highlight, I use the same contour brush 74 and just dust it off on my hand (pants, towels, whatever I can find) and I get a lot of Lightscapade on my brush. I basically make a C from the top of my cheekbone to right above my eyebrow. Lightscapade is fairly light, but it gives just enough to make a beautiful reflective shine.




That's all there is to it folks! 


I hope yall like it! Tell me your thought and opinions, or maybe the next tutorial you want me to do!

❤ Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment