Saturday, August 3, 2013

Soft Brown Eye

Hey! So lately, I have been really obsessed with matte eyeshadows. I still love my shimmers like All That Glitters, don't get me wrong. I also love experimenting with new looks, and this matte eye look is so pretty! I have taken step by step pictures so you can recreate the look! 

Here are the tools I used
 Brushes:
I have a MAC 217, but Sigma makes one exactly the same for cheaper. Its an E35 blending brush.
I also use a Sigma E40 tapered blending brush.

Eyeshadow:
I made a palette at MAC. I had never done this before, and if you are getting all four, it ends up being cheaper! The palette itself is $9, but you only pay for that once. The eyeshadow tins are $12 each, which is cheaper than buying them separately at $15 each! Anyways, starting at the top and going clockwise, there is Soft Brown, Texture, Sketch, and Swiss Cholcolate.

Concealer:
I use MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20. There are many eyeshadow primers out there, but I like this one the best because it totally covers up everything.


I start by putting the concealer from lash line to my brows. I want to start with a completely fresh base to make the eyeshadow pop.


Then I take the E40 fluffy brush and get lots of soft brown on the brush. I swipe it all over the lid, crease, and a bit above the crease. This color helps everything blend together, so it doesn't have to be precise.


 I take my 217 brush and pick up some Texture on it. Tap it off to make sure you don't get too much. Then go back and forth in the crease in a windshield wiper motion and put some on the outside corner of the eyelid.


I keep the 217 brush and get some Swiss Chocolate on it. I do the same thing I did with Texture with Swiss Chocolate. I go back and forth in the crease and outside part of the lid. I like to put a good amount of this color to make it a bit darker. 



Sometimes, when I want a more dramatic look, I will do the exact same thing as the two steps before with Sketch. I didn't do it today, but its the same motions as the previous step. 

That's all folks! I added some liner, a highlighting shade in the corner of my eye and brow bone, and mascara!I love this look for during the day, and its easy to add some Sketch or other dark shadow and more eyeliner for a night look. 

The finished look:



♥ Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment